Top 5 Full Size Futon Mattress Reviews
A futon is a welcome addition to any home, apartment or college dorm. It is versatile, multi-purpose and utilizes minimal space. It is easily convertible for sleeping as well as extra seating.
Some futons can be used flat on the floor or mounted on a frame, depending on individual taste, comfort and affordability. A full size futon mattress is relatively easy to set up and fold away when not in use and can fit into most modern storerooms.
You can easily re-purpose almost any room in your home from a study, playroom, or exercise area during the day, to extra sleeping space at night. The full- size futon is kid-friendly, and jumping and bouncing around is relatively safe. You can use it separately or layer it on top of your existing mattress for added comfort.
Here is a guide to some of the best futons available and how best you can choose the one that’s right for you.
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Short Reviews On The Full Size Futon Mattress:
#1. DHP 8 Inch Independently-Encased Coil Premium Futon – Full Size (Black)
The DHP futon is compatible with most full-size futon frames. It is 54 inches deep and 75 inches wide. It weighs about 60 pounds and is designed with layers of high-quality foam, and polyester for added comfort.
It features independently encased 18-gauge coils for extra sturdiness, and they resemble those of regular mattresses.The fabric is made of microfibers that resist most allergens.
The DHP futon offers good back support when sitting or sleeping. The combined spring and coil configuration makes it more flexible and durable. The memory foam holds up well over time.
It sleeps just as well as a regular mattress and is perfect for kid’s bunk beds or teen mattress.The mattress is light to set up, move around and store, and it easily folds into a couch for extra seating. Here are the pros and cons:
- One stop shop for sleeper/seater
- Firm, thick, plush design
- Attractive, comfortable, trendy
- Can fold and store in your car or trailer for camping trips
- The DHP full-size futon may sag or slump after a few months of use
- The coils can be noisy, and you may feel them when you shift position
Before You Buy:
1. Ensure you have a sturdy frame to fit and support the futon. A wooden frame works well.
2. You may have to use a non-skid mat to help prevent the futon from sliding around.
3. You may need to let the futon “rest” and expand for at least one day before use.
4. Make sure you have some extra hands to help lift, tote and set up.
The DHP full-size futon is ideal for small, compact spaces around your home or dorm. Since it may be hard to unfold, most customers prefer to use it as a sleeper rather than a couch.
However, if you are looking for an affordable, basic futon without the bells and whistles, this may be the one for you. It is a practical, sturdy, comfortable fit for sleeping or sitting.You may have to weigh your needs, style and unique function of the futon. Do you need the futon more as a sleeper or a couch?
#2. Emoor Japanese Traditional “Classe” Full-size
The Emoor traditional Japanese futon is a highly desirable sleeper/sitter for any occasion. It is very comfortable and durable and can last for up to 3 years.
It is made of polyester padding, with soft, odor-free filling. It is about three inches thick and is ergonomically and environmentally friendly.
The Emoor full-size futon is dust, mildew, pollen and bug resistant. It is also chemical free and anti-bacterial. It is evenly balanced for comfort and firmness. It is stylish, compact, firm, and folds away quite easily for additional floor space.
The traditional Japanese design is ideal for persons who suffer from back problems as it helps promote more restful sleep. It is the perfect fit for persons who prefer to sleep on the floor for added comfort. The Emoor futon is great for camping, kid-care centers, guest rooms, hospitals and adult care facilities.
- The Emoorfuton is easy to pack up and move around.
- Very versatile and can fit kids to adult needs
- Great support for pain sufferers
- Idea for flat surfaces
- It may be a bit pricey
- It’s not as thick as a regular futon
Before You Buy:
1. The Emoor futon is more suitable as a mattress topper or cover.
2. You may need a protective layer to preserve the longevity of the futon.
3. Customers report the futon is 2 inches thick and not 3 inches as advertised.
4. It’s not thick enough to fit on a regular futon frame.
5. There is no product warranty, only a two-month offer for design effects.
The Emoor Japanese traditional full-size futon is highly popular very versatile. It's ideal for persons who wish to practice a more minimal or natural lifestyle. If you want to have a larger one, think about other kinds of king size futon mattress.
Although it may be a bit expensive, it is still less costly than other traditional mattresses or futons. It is a trusted, solid, well-designed brand.
The Emoor futon is convenient and can complement any existing futon or mattress design for extra padding and comfort.
Backed by traditional design and function, the Emoor futon is in a class all by itself. If you are looking for style, comfort, quality design and versatility, this may be the futon for you.
#3. Serta Cypress Double-Sided Innerspring Full
The Serta double-sided innerspring full size futon mattress is ideal for the guest room or relaxing accommodation in a spare room. It is 8 inches high and made of durable blends of cotton, nylon, and polyester. The innerspring technology lends extra stability and support for comfort and durability. It stays firmly in place when in use.
The innersprings are also supported by foam padding for extra comfort and is uniquely designed to provide mattress-like sleeping support. The futon is thick, compact, flame resistant, comfortable and resilient. It is reversible, meaning you can use it on both sides.
The Serta Cypress innerspring futon is a great addition to any apartment, university or dorm room or any other room in the home. It unfolds quickly and provides a good blend of softness, yet sturdy support.
- The Syrta is a great supplemental cabin sleeper
- It is lightweight, and easy to store and tote.
- The futon is very affordable
- It provides mid-level sleeping support
- It fits well into smaller spaces like dorm rooms, and apartments
- The futon can be a bit bulky and may only expand to a certain length.
- The sleeping surface may be a bit too soft for those who prefer a thicker surface.
Before You Buy:
1. They may be more suitable as a sleeper than a couch.
2. The futon provides mid-range comfort.
3. You may have to flip it over to help extend the durability.
The Syrta full-size futon is reasonably priced, sturdy and durable. It has the bonus of being utilized on both sides.
While it may be more suitable or occasional rather than everyday use, it still provides adequate support, comfort, and versatility. It is lightweight, easy to store and can fit into compact spaces quite easily.
The innersprings are resilient and offer more bounce and support. The springs adapt well to the body shape and reassure points to help relieve pain and discomfort.
#4. Home Life 8” Independently-Pocket Coil Premium Full Size
The Home Life 8 inch full-size futon is designed for comfort, support, and style. It is made of layered foam and polyester blends with coils inlaid for maximum comfort. It has a microfiber cover and is compatible with most full-size futon frames. It weighs almost 60 pounds and is compacted with 15-gauge. High-quality pocket coils.
It is aesthetically pleasing, of plush fabric and blends into any modern room décor. The fabric is easy to care and durable.
- The futon is very comfortable
- It is affordable
- The design is thick, firm and durable
- Lightweight and easy to set up
- Perfect for the wooden frame
- The futon tends to slide off the frame frequently
- The fabric cover may be hard to clean and may “split” in the center after prolonged use.
Before You Buy:
1. You will need to purchase a separate frame and arms to support the futon.
2. It may be a bit cumbersome to fold because of the inner coils.
3. The futon may slip or slide on the frame at times.
4. The cover cannot be removed or washed.
The Home Life pocket-coil full–size is a nifty combination of comfort, style, and durability. It is reasonably priced and attractive, with a plush, modern look and feel.
It is value for money as a sleeper/sitting combo. It holds its shape reasonably well over time and works better on a wooden frame.
The futon can be used to complement most full-sized futon frames. It is lightweight and easy to set up, and store.
#5. Mozaic 8” Full-Size – Ivory
The Mozaic full-size is thick, sturdy, yet soft enough for comfort. It weighs about 42 pounds and is made of foam wrapped in cotton blended with other fibers. The design is modern and lends to a sofa-like look and feel. It comes in a variety of colors that can complement your existing room décor.
The Mozaic futon is soft, comfortable, and ideal for guest comfort. It easily folds from a bed to sofa when needed. The futon fits well into regular futon or platform frames. It fits well into small spaces like apartments, and dorm rooms.
- The futon is reversible for long-term wear and tear
- The fabric is easy to clean and maintain
- There is a strong odor at initial arrival and set up
- The futon may flatten out significantly with prolonged use
Before You Buy:
1. You may need to purchase a separate frame
2. The warranty excludes regular wear and tear
3. The cover cannot be removed when cleaning
If you want a futon that is versatile, adaptable and affordable, the Mozaic full size may be a good buy. It is durable and holds up well in the long-term. To have an overall knowledge, let read the specifications and the best futon mattress reviews available in the website.
It comes in a wide range of modern colors to complement most interior decorations and styles. It provides soft, sturdy comfort for guests and seating is just as pleasing.
The best full size futon mattress is a great buy if you are looking for a basic bed for regular guests and a couch for added household seating. The innerspring technology is great for added sleeping comfort. The springs help promote more restful sleep and have the same effect as a traditional sofa or mattress.
It provides extra padded comfort to a mattress of similar size, or it can be spread on the floor for extra sleeping space. It is easy to set up and store and can be transported with ease for your next camping trip. So they are highly recommended. But if you want to have a larger one, we recommend you to choose a queen size futon.