How To Make A Futon Mattress More Comfortable
There is nothing better than having a comfortable mattress to give you a nice, comfortable sleep. A futon sofa, for example, is one of the best furniture you can have. Whenever you feel the need to relax after a sunny day or watch TV and all sorts, it is your best bet. When guests come over and decide to sleep over, it becomes a guest bed after a short number of adjustments. But the problem is how to make futon mattress more comfortable.
The futon sofa is great but not comfortable. You can’t get any luxurious sleep from sleeping on a futon sofa, but you can make some adjustments. With just a simple set of steps you can turn that sturdy sofa to a bed you can proudly open up for guests.
Let Us Look At How To Make Futon Mattress More Comfortable:
- Add A Topper: Since you normally would add a mattress topper to any other mattress, why not add a topper to your futon? This would only make the futon as comfortable as possible. There are the traditional egg carton-style futon mattress toppers, which is a cheaper variant if you are on a budget.
You can also check out the toppers made off luxurious memory foam if you like things on the expensive side of life. You can slip the mattress topper into the futon cover, or you can place it as a layer on top of the futon mattress. Then cover both the futon and the topper with a nice looking cover to give it the finishing beauty it needs. With this, you know how to make futon mattress more comfortable
- Add Supports: sometimes it is preferable to support some things from underneath than from the top. There are a lot of futon mattresses that do not need toppers or additional padding. All they need is support from underneath, and this includes futon beds. Some mattresses are not made to provide support on their own that is why they need external supports to make them usable. However, only a few people know this, and now you are part of them. You can add wooden bed slats to add to the firmness of the mattress, to prevent sagging in the middle or at the edges.
- Change the Mattress: Let’s face it. Some mattresses are not just comfortable to use. They are designed so poorly that sleeping on them would do more harm than good. What you need to do here is to change the mattress and get a better one. A major cause for discomfort is usually the thickness of the futon.
- In a lot of cases, the thicker mattress is the most comfortable. In some other cases, it is the material used that matters. Foam mattresses can hold their shape over long periods of time than those made of cotton. Now you know how to make futon mattress more comfortable
- Adding a Featherbed: If you are European, there is a strong tendency that you would be a featherbed kind of person. Since you are using the Japanese futon, there is no crime in making an exotic blend.
A featherbed is as blissful as anything else to sleep on. It is divided into sections to keep the lower part from shifting from side to side. All you need to do is place it between the futon and you, and you are good to go. It adds a fine layer of softness warmth to your body, especially when you use it with a futon.
- Laying Comforters: Since you are worried about comfort, why not just add comforters to the futon? Comforters stay in between the futon and you to ensure that you get maximum comfort. It produces an extra layer of cushioning that can make the difference.
One special advantage of the comforters is that you can custom the extra padding so that you can meet the preference of each of its users. Guests can also develop allergies and other reasons not to stay on the futon. This is where a comforter comes in handy.
- Add An Air Mattress: Futon mattresses are not usually more than 1 foot off of the ground. In a lot of cases, people do not usually want to sit at such a low seat. To ensure that you and your guests enjoy a seat you can use, you should add an air mattress to give you some elevation above the ground.
You can either place it on the futon or under the futon. This increases height and comfort at the same time. Just make sure you purchase the one that inflates and deflates automatically to ensure you don’t spend time pumping an air mattress.
In short, there are a lot of ways to make your futon more comfortable. You can add comforters, air mattresses, and you can even change the whole mattress if need be. All you need is seek out the method that works best for you.